|Date||2017 – 2018|
|Client||Roads and Maritime Services|
|Service||Review of environmental factors, concept design, detailed design, construction staging, utilities relocation, tender and construction documentation.|
Empire Bay Drive Intersection Upgrade
Empire Bay Drive carries approximately 25,000 vehicles per day and experiences heavy congestion during peak periods. The intersection with Scenic Road and Cochrone Street was identified as requiring improved traffic efficiency and travel time.
The project involved upgrading the existing roundabout and the north and south approaches from one lane to two lanes.
The project included land acquisition, property adjustments, extensive utility relocation, road and drainage works, and urban design and landscaping.
AT&L's Scope Included
- Preparation of a review of environmental factors, including all specialist studies (flooding, bio-diversity, noise, construction impacts)
- Concept design and cost estimates
- Detailed design and cost estimates
- Construction staging and utility relocation strategy and design
- Preparation of tender and construction documentation (GC21 contract, request for tenders, tender schedules, customised RMS construction specifications)
- Roadworks concept and detailed design documentation Property acquisition and adjustment design documentation
- Management and co-ordination with landscaping design Management of bridge upgrade design.