Civil Design Engineer | Assistant Project Manager – SYDNEY
As specialists in civil engineering design and project management, we pride ourselves on delivering innovative, practical and sustainable solutions that meet our Client’s objectives.
We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values “Collaborate & Innovate, Quality & Integrity and Growth & Wellbeing”
We thrive on challenges and are passionate about delivering successful outcomes for our clients. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of multidisciplinary professionals in a fast paced, customer driven environment.
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in civil design and civil inspections to have sufficient engineering skills to prior to being considered for this role.
AT&L are looking for a candidate that would like to grow their skills in or direct their career towards project management and contract management. Reporting to the Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager, your role will be supporting this person in the below tasks until the point where you can independently manage projects at AT&L:
- Completing any tasks assigned by the PM in an efficient and timely manner. The Client may ask for things that are uncommon so keeping flexible is important to solving unique problems. We aim to provide the kind of quality service that is above and beyond.
- Preparation, writing and collations of tender documents.
- Managing tender process including tenderer queries, solve clarifications, detailed assessment to and recommendation letters to Client.
- Coordinate with Client lawyers to finalise principal contracts for various types of work.
- Assist in managing the project timeline including in MS project especially for principal contractor works and EOT’s.
- Scoping works and writing Professional Service Agreements (PSA’s) for consultants and coordinating contractor inputs.
- Project cost management such as working on variations and fee proposals to the Clients as well as evaluating consultant proposals and principal contractor claims once project enters construction phase.
- Assist in managing design and coordinating detailed design consultants. This includes drawing reviews to cross check for clashes or inconsistencies and use your engineering experience to ensure drawings meet internal quality standards and Client objectives. Internal design staff will require your clear direction and guidance to ensure the AT&L designs are produced efficiently and under budget.
- Communicating with the client, stakeholders, authorities, and contractors regarding project needs and in order to negotiate successful outcomes.
- Attending sites on occasion prior to construction starting and regularly during the construction phase to perform ongoing construction management and contract superintendent role for Client. This will require inspecting civil works to make determinations as the superintendent under the contract.
- Be administratively self-sufficient by performing administrative tasks such as preparing invoices, scheduling meetings, minuting meetings, time recording, document control and QA documentation and filing of emails or other project documents.
- Keeping track of and reporting on project progress including Project Control Group (PCG) reporting if required by Clients.
- Report writing, letters, recommendations and preparation of estimates or other documented advice for Clients.
- Be a team player in the company and assist in design tasks to keep your projects moving forward if required.
- Comply with system standards for QA including managing risks through Health and Safety in Design (HSiD) including managing meetings.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 2 years civil design or relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially report writing
- Stakeholder management skills and experience
- Knowledge of Australian Standards and Council design standards
- Some experience with procurement and project planning
- Experience with contracts and contract management or superintendence
- Excellent time management skills, and demonstrable experience meeting tight deadlines
- Energetic and efficient learner
Please note permanent residents and citizens of Australia will only be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org